The Organizing Committee for the 30th International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS 2020) invites proposals for its Tutorial Program. Tutorials offer the attendees a review of a specific subfield by a leading expert. Registration is free for ICAPS participants.
We welcome proposals in all areas related to AI planning and scheduling (P&S), and highly encourage topics that have not appeared in recent ICAPS tutorials. We explicitly encourage proposals that address techniques of relevance to planning and scheduling, even if planning and scheduling is not the main focus of the proposed tutorial. Such proposals could target, for example,
- machine learning techniques that are applicable in planning and scheduling,
- relevant aspects of robotics,
- relevant aspects of algorithm design and analysis,
- relevant techniques in knowledge representation and reasoning,
- a specific application domain in which planning and scheduling problems arise.
Tutorials typically begin with introductory material, but also review recent advances in the field, providing either breadth or depth into the specific P&S topic. We encourage tutorials that (i) include a hands-on session, allowing participants to experience useful tools, or (ii) experiment with algorithmic components, to deepen the participants’ understanding of the topic. We especially welcome tutorials that collaborate with a workshop, such that the tutorial provides some introductory material that can be later discussed at the workshop.
We expect the majority of tutorials to be half-day but quarter-day (90 minutes) tutorials are also possible. There is limited space for tutorials this year, so it is strongly recommended for tutorial proposals to integrate with an existing workshop if possible. Questions on integrating with a workshop can be directed to the tutorial co-chairs.
Tutorial proposals of up to 2 pages should include the tutorial’s title, type (advanced or introductory), summary, outline, and expected length (quarter or half-day) of the tutorial, as well as a short CV of the proposer(s), including a list of significant publications or prior teaching experience.
Please email a PDF to both the Tutorial Chairs with subject “Tutorial Proposal for ICAPS-20” by February 1. Organizers will be notified by email of the acceptance or rejection of their proposal by February 15.
Summary of Important Dates
- Deadline for submission of tutorial proposals: February 1, 2020.
- Notification of tutorial acceptance: February 15, 2020.
- Tutorial dates: Mixed with workshops June 15-16, 2020.
Tutorial Program Chairs
- Anders Jonsson (Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- Sandra Zilles (University of Regina)
Please direct all questions about the tutorial program to the tutorial program chairs.