ICAPS 2020 will take place in Nancy, located in the north-east of France.
The conference (including workshops and tutorials) will be held in the
Nancy Congress Center – Centre Prouvé,
1 Place de la République,
Coordinates: 48.6882495°N, 6.1769181°E
Note: Centre Prouvé is located next to the railway station.
- Opening reception:
Opéra National de Lorraine, on place Stanislas.
Coordinates: 48.6940223°N, 6.1834837°E
Citizens from certain countries may require a visa to enter France. If you are unsure, check with a French embassy or consulate. Additional information can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Nancy, located about 350 km east of Paris, is at 90 minutes by high-speed train (TGV) from Paris.
- There are direct trains to Nancy station from Paris-Est.
- Other high-speed trains connect Paris Charles-de-Gaulle (CDG) airport to Nancy with one connection (or more), possibly at Lorraine-TGV train station, from where the “train” to Nancy is in fact a bus (40 minutes) located in front of the station.
- Other trains reach Nancy from Strasbourg (and Switzerland and the south of Germany), Luxembourg, and Metz (linking Nancy with Benelux and Germany).
Although TGVs are rarely completely full, it is generally recommended to book your TGV train tickets in advance on the SNCF web site. Should your flight be delayed, you can change them at an SNCF counter.
Check out the DB web site for train connections to Nancy from within Europe.
Nancy is best reached through Paris CDG or Orly airports.
- From Paris CDG, the most efficient option is usually to catch a train from the local train station (see above).
- From Paris CDG or Orly, you can (1) take the RER B to Gare du Nord, (2) walk or take the Métro 4 to Gare de l’Est, and (3) take a TGV to Nancy train station.
Alternatives to Paris airports are Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Strasbourg, and Metz-Nancy (a regional airport).
- From Paris: (1) Motorway A4 (direction Metz & Nancy) [toll road!] – (2) Exit number 21 (dir. Nancy) to motorway A31 – (3) Exit number 22 (dir. Nancy centre gare)
- From Luxembourg: (1) Motorway A3 (direction Metz & Nancy) – (2) Cross border without noticing it. A3 becomes A31 – (3) Exit number 22 (dir. Nancy centre gare)
- From Strasbourg : (1) Motorway A35 (direction Nancy), which becomes A4 – (2) Exit number 44 to national road N4 – (3) N4 becomes motorway A33, then A330, then D674 when entering Nancy by the South